BENZAC AC Acne Gel, 50g
Benzac AC is an effective benzoyl peroxide based treatment for mild to moderate acne. The active ingredient in Benzac AC, benzoyl peroxide helps unblock pores and kills acne bacteria within 48 hours.
There are 3 strengths of Benzac AC Gel. 2.5%, 5% and 10%. The percentage refers to the amount of the active benzoyl peroxide in the gel. It is recommended that you always begin treatment with either 2.5% or 5% Benzac AC. If your acne persists, and provided your skin tolerates the lower strength gel, it may be suitable to continue treatment with the higher strength gel (10%) - but you should first consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Each gram contains Benzoyl Peroxide 25mg.
Make sure you read the enclosed leaflet first.
- Wash the affected area with a mild skin cleanser and water and pat skin dry.
- Apply a thin film of Benzac AC Gel to the affected areas once daily, leaving on the skin for 2 hours then washing it off with water then pat skin dry.
- Apply a light moisturiser which won’t clog pores. After three days, if no discomfort is felt, apply Benzac AC Gel in the evening and leave it on overnight.
After 7 days, if there is no redness or peeling and your skin is still not improving, apply Benzac AC Gel twice a day, morning and night. How long you will need to use Benzac AC Gel will depend on how quickly your condition improves.
After a month, you should see your doctor or pharmacist so they can asses the condition of your skin.
- Do not apply to eyes, lips, mouth or sensitive areas of the neck. If accidental contact occurs rinse with water and pat dry. Contact may cause irritation.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight or other sources of ultra-violet light.
- Do not use harsh skin cleansers or scrubs.
- Do not use cosmetic products that contain alcohol.
- Do not use medicated soaps.
- Keep cosmetic use to a minimum and avoid oil based cosmetics which can clog the pores. Be careful when using BENZAC gel because benzoyl peroxide can bleach or discolour clothing or towels.
- If excessive swelling, irritation, redness or peeling occurs discontinue use.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist