PHARMACY ONLY MEDICINE
Lora-Tabs belongs to a class of medicines known as antihistamines. Antihistamines help reduce allergic symptoms by preventing the effects of a substance called histamine, which is produced by the body.
Lora-Tabs relieves symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis (hay fever), such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, and burning or itchy eyes.
They may also be used to relieve symptoms associated with a skin condition called urticaria; these symptoms include itching, redness and lumps on the skin called hives.
Available in packs of 90 or 30 tablets.
Each tablet contains Loratadine 10mg.
Adults and children over 12 years: One tablet daily.
Children 2-12 years over 30kg: One tablet Daily.
Children 2-12 years under 30kg: Half a tablet Daily (5mg).
Be sure to take Lora-Tabs exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you to. If you do not follow their instructions, you may not get relief from your symptoms.
- Do not take Lora-Tabs if you are allergic to loratadine or any of the tablet ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet. If you have an allergic reaction, you may get a skin rash, or experience difficulty in breathing or faintness.
- Do not use Lora-Tabs if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless you and your doctor or pharmacist have discussed the risks and benefits involved.
- Do not use Lora-Tabs if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- You must tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to any other medicines, especially other antihistamines, or any foods, dyes or preservatives.You have liver disease or any other medical conditions.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medications, including medicines that you buy without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop.
- Make sure you know how you react to Lora-Tabs before you drive a car or operate machinery. Lora-Tabs are unlikely to make you drowsy. If you are drowsy, do not drive a car or work with machinery.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are using Lora-Tabs.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist