PHARMACY ONLY MEDICINE
Robitussin Chesty Cough Forte is formulated for heavy chest congestion. It contains both the expectorant Guaiphenesin and the mucolytic, Bromhexine. Guaiphenesin increases the flow of natural secretions along the lower respiratory tract and Bromhexine liquefies and breaks down the secretions.
This combination helps break up a cough by loosening congestion so you can cough it up and get it off your chest.
Is non-drowsy and has a pleasant fruit flavour.
Each 10mL contains:
Bromhexine Hydrochloride 8mg
Also contains Sodium benzoate, Saccharin sodium.
Every 8 Hours orally when necessary – do not exceed 3 doses in 24 hours.
Adults and children over 12years: 10ml
Children 6-12 years: 5ml
- Do not use in children under 6 years of age, without medical advice.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- If cough persists for more than one week, tends to reoccur or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache, consult a doctor before taking this product.
- If you have a persistent or chronic cough, such as which occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or cough accompanied by excessive phlegm, consult a doctor before taking this product.
- If you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients seek the advice of a doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
- This product contains Sorbitol (10.5g/30mL) which may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist