PHARMACY ONLY MEDICINE
Senokot is a natural product that works in harmony with your body to gently and effectively relieve constipation. Taking Senokot at bedtime gives gentle, predictable relief when you wake in the morning.
Gives relief of constipation, including treatment of constipation in elderly, pregnancy, conservative treatment of haemorrhoids, avoidance of straining at stool, control of defecation reflex in incontinent patients, secondary to other causes.
Contains 100 tablets.
Each tablet contains standardised sennosides 7.5mg.
Adults: Take 2-4 tablets, 1-2 times per day taken at bedtime, as required (maximum, 4 tablets twice daily).
In pregnancy and Children 6-12 years: 1-2 tablets, 1-2 times per day taken preferably at bedtime (maximum 2 tablets twice a day).
- Not recommended in children under 6 years.
- Do not use Senokot if you have abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, potential or existing intestinal blockage, atonic bowel, appendicitis, inflammatory colon disease, abdominal pain of unknown origin, undiagnosed rectal bleeding and severe dehydration with depleted water or electrolytes.
- Reduce your dose or discontinue use if you experience abdominal pain, griping (cramps or spasms) and/or diarrhoea.
- Remember, do not use a laxative in the presence of faecal impaction, abdominal pain, nausea, fever or vomiting unless directed by a physician.
- Overuse or extended use of laxatives may cause dependence for bowel function. Do not take any type of laxative for more than one week, unless your physician has ordered a special schedule.
- When taking a laxative, remember that it should not be taken within two hours of another medicine because the desired effect of the other medicine may be reduced.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist