ELEVIT with Iodine Pregnancy Multi Tablets
PHARMACY ONLY MEDICINE
Elevit with Iodine is a once-daily vitamin and mineral supplement for pregnancy. It is specially formulated to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive or are pregnant and provide baby with the best possible nutritional support. It contains 800mcg folic acid, shown to reduce neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Elevit is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida by 92%.1 It also contains iron to help prevent iron deficiency and iodine to assist in the development of baby's brain.
Elevit with Iodine contains the highest levels of iron, folic acid and iodine in combination than any other pregnancy multivitamin available in New Zealand.
It also contains a range of ingredients to help meet your changed nutritional requirements throughout conception and pregnancy.
1. Czeizel AE Paed Drugs (2000)2(6). Elevit with lodine formulation is similar to that used in this study except that it contains iodine and not vitamin A.
Available in 100 and 30 tablet packs.
It's best to take Elevit with Iodine when you first start planning to have a baby, and then continue throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding.
If you're pregnant, Elevit with Iodine can help! The unique formulation of Elevit with Iodine contains 800mcg of folic acid, plus ten other vitamins and eight trace elements including iron and iodine. The high iron content can help prevent dietary iron deficiency (all too common when you're pregnant).
After a baby is born it also makes sense to take Elevit with Iodine. You may have lost a lot of iron during the birth process and it's important for your health to have adequate nutrition levels after pregnancy. If you're breastfeeding, you're also likely to feel like a machine! On average a woman breastfeeding will be making between 700-900mL of milk a day! That means you'll need extra nutrients to cope with the demand.
|Folic Acid||800 mcg|
|Nicotinamide (B3)||19 mg|
|Thiamine nitrate||1.55 mg|
Calcium pantothenate (B5)
|Pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6)||2.6 mg|
|Cyanocobalamin (B12)||4.0 mcg|
|Biotin (H)||200 mcg|
|Ascorbic acid (C)||100 mg|
|Cholecalciferol (D3) (500IU)||12.5 mcg|
|dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate (E)||15 mg|
#Elevit contains 183 mg ferrous fumarate which corresponds to 60 mg elemental iron.
Elevit with Iodine is a small once daily tablet that can be taken any time of the day. It is best to take Elevit with Iodine from at least one month prior to conception, during pregnancy and throughout breastfeeding. Please read the enclosed leaflet.
- Speak to your doctor about taking Elevit with Iodine if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
- If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/ spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
Do not take Elevit with Iodine if:
1. you have had an allergic reaction to Elevit with Iodine, or any of the Ingredients in Elevit with Iodine. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include swelling, itching, rash or breathing difficulties.
2. you have kidney disease
3. you have excessive amounts of vitamin D, calcium or iron in your blood
4. your body cannot process copper or large amounts of iron
5. the package is torn or shows signs of tampering
6. the expiry date printed on the pack has passed. If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well. If you are not sure if you should be taking ELEVIT with IODINE, talk to your pharmacist, midwife or doctor. Do not give Elevit with Iodine to children. Elevit with Iodine is only for women who are trying to become pregnant, and those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please talk to your healthcare professional if you have any concerns prior to use.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist