GAVISCON Infant Sachets, 30's
Gaviscon Infant mixes with and stabilises the stomach contents so preventing reflux and regurgitation in infants.
30 sachet per pack, each sachet contains 1 dose.
Each dose of powder contains:
Sodium Alginate 225mg
Magnesium Alginate 87.5mg
Also contains Mannitol E421
Under 4.5kg (10lb) - 1 Dose
Over 4.5kg (10lb) - 2 Doses
Add 5ml of cooled, boiled water to the powder in a glass. Mix to a smooth paste and add another 10ml water to the mix. Give after each feed, using a spoon or feeding bottle. Prepare immediately before use, as directed below. Do not give more than 6 doses in 24 hours.
Under 4.5kg (10lbs) - 1 dose to be mixed into not less than 115ml of each feed in the bottle and shaken well.
Over 4.5kg (10lbs) - 2 doses to be mixed into not less than 225ml of each feed in the bottle and shaken well.
Two doses prepared as for breast-fed infants. To be taken after each meal.
- GAVISCON INFANTS IS NOT TO BE USED IN INFANTS UNDER 1 YEAR EXCEPT UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet before use.
- Do not use Gaviscon Infant with other food thickening agents or infant milk preparations containing a thickening agent. Do not use more than the stated amount. Do not give more than six times in 24 hours.
- Maximum daily dose for infants over 4.5kg (10lb) or for young children, equates to intake of 3.45g of mannitol E421.
- Products containing Mannitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea. EACH SACHET IS SECURITY SEALED. DO NOT USE IF DAMAGED.
- Each sachet of Gaviscon infant contains approximately 21mg (0.92 mmol) sodium. If your infant has been put on a low sodium (salt) diet, ask your doctor or other health professional before taking this product. Do not store above 30 degrees.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist