Habitrol Gum 96 pieces
Habitrol 4mg Flavoured gum is intended to aid smoking cessation by reducing nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
The nicotine is absorbed into the blood stream through the lining of the mouth when the gum is chewed. Habitrol 4mg Gum contains approximately one third less nicotine than a cigarette, and allows you to avoid the harmful physical and chemical effects associated with smoking.
Chewing a piece of gum at the onset of nicotine cravings should alleviate nicotine cravings and/or withdrawal symptoms.
The recommended minimum length of treatment is three months. Most people find they can cease using the gum after six months, but some heavy smokers choose to continue using the gum in order to prevent relapse.
Pack contains 96 pieces, and are available in mint and fruit flavour.
Each piece of gum contains Nicotine 4mg.
12 week program:
Week 1-6: 1 piece every 1-2 hours.
Week 7-9: 1 piece every 2-4 hours.
Week 10-12: 1 piece every 4-8 hours.
Place the gum in your mouth and bite slowly and deliberately about 15 times, or until a strong taste or tingling sensation is felt. Stop chewing and place the gum between your cheek and gums. When the intensity of these sensations decreases, begin to chew again. Repeat this cycle of “park and chew” for about 30 minutes, or until the peppery taste and tingling sensation subside.
- Should not be used by children, persons under 18 years of age, or by nonsmokers.
- You should not smoke while using Habitrol gum.
- Do not use this gum if you are pregnant, intend to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before starting a program with Habitrol gum if you are taking any form of prescription medicine, or if you suffer from any form of heart or vascular disease, diabetes, liver or kidney disease or have an overactive thyroid condition.
- Swallowing the nicotine contained in the gum may aggravate other conditions, such as active oesophagitis, mouth inflammation, gastritis, or peptic ulcers.
- The most common side effects associated with Habitrol gum are headaches, dizziness, and insomnia.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist
PLU 2179512, 2179539