HIPREX 1g Tablets, 20's
Hiprex contains an antibacterial agent to help suppress or eliminate bacteria in the urine that causes Urinary Tract Infection.
What are Urinary Tract Infections?
Urinary Tract Infection refers to infection anywhere within the urinary system. A Urinary Tract Infection can range from an infection of the bladder to an infection of the kidney. Bladder infection, also called cystitis, is the most common type of Urinary Tract Infection. In cytitis, the bladder lining becomes raw and inflamed.
What are the common symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection?
- Burning or painful feeling when urinating.
- Feeling an urge to urinate urgently but being unable to or only passing a few drops.
Consult your doctor or healthcare professional if you continue to experience Urinary Tract Infection symptoms
20 tablets per bottle.
Hiprex contains Hexamine hippurate 1g per tablet.
Adults: 1 tablet twice daily.
Children 6 - 12 years: 1/2 - 1 tablet twice daily.
While taking Hiprex ensure that you drink plenty of water and fully empty your bladder when you pass urine.
- Should not be used in conjunction with urinary alkalinisers as the effectiveness of Hiprex may be impaired.
- Should not be used if you have renal insufficiency, metabolic acidosis, severe hepatic insufficiency or severe dehydration. It is also contraindicated as the sole therapeutic agent in acute parenchymal infections causing systemic symptoms.
- Can be used during pregnancy.
- Minor adverse reactions have been reported in fewer than 3.5% of patients treated. These reactions include nausea, upset stomach, dysuria, rash and stomatitis.
- Should not be administered with sulphonamides as crystalluria may occur or with any alkalinising agent.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist