HYDRALYTE Effervescent Tablets, 20's
Hydralyte is an oral rehydration solution, scientifically formulated to replace water and electrolytes lost due to vomiting, diarrhoea, heavy sweating, vigorous exercise and excess alcohol consumption.
Common signs of dehydration include:
- Sticky or dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Decreased or dark yellow urine
Available in Apple & Blackcurrant, or Orange Flavour.
Pack includes 20 tablets.
Sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid anhydrous, and glucose anhydrous.
- Remove two tablets from the tube and replace the cap tightly. Dissolve in 200 mL drinking water (2-3 minutes). For babies under 6 months use freshly boiled and cooled water.
- Sip slowly and frequently while symptoms persist. Discard unused solution after 2 hours or 24 hours if refrigerated.
- Avoid mixing Hydralyte with soft drink, cordial of fruit juice as these interfere with the dehydration process.
- Always dissolve in water. Never place tablet directly into mouth.
Seek medical advice if diarrhoea persists for more than:
6 hours in infants under 6 months; 12 hours in children under 3 years; 24 hours in children aged 3–6 years; and 48 hours for adults and children aged over 6 years.
- Store in a cool dry place below 30°C.
- Be aware that dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhoea can be dangerous in babies and children under 5 years old and in elderly people.
- If you have kidney disease or are taking heart or blood pressure medicines - consult your doctor before use.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist