ZOSTRIX 0.025% Analgesic Cream
Zostrix cream is a topical pain reliever containing capsaicin, a natural active ingredient that with regular use significantly reduces joint pain and inflammation. It may also help to relieve the pain associated with arthritis and postherapeutic neuralgia.
It is not a heat rub but an analgesic cream that works gradually, so pain relief may take up to 4 weeks. Zostrix can be used with other oral pain medications and it may be used as long as needed.
Available in 45g and 25g tubes.
- Apply just enough to cover the affected area. Gently massage the medicine into skin until it disappears.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after using Zostrix cream unless your hands are part of the treated area.
Apply to affected area 3 to 4 times daily.
- Recommended for adults and children over 2 years.
- Do not apply to wounds or damaged, broken (open), or irritated skin.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area.
- Do not use Zostrix cream with a heating pad.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding; you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement; or you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional
The information provided does not replace the individual advice and consultation of a doctor or pharmacist